Thursday, November 29, 2007

Amazon Kindle Hands-On

Amazon Kindle Hands-On



Yesterday, I had a chance to play with the Amazon Kindle, a connected eBook that is generating a lot of buzz. Here are my impressions:


Form factor
The general form factor is OK. It’s a little thick, but all in all, it’s usable and most importantly, it is *light*. The display size is “good enough” but depending on your tastes, you might want something larger (like a letter size). I’ve dropped a business card to show you how big the screen is. I don’t like the pouch/case, as it prevented me from using my left hand to type or click on the next/prev buttons. A vertical flip case would be much better.


Display
The e-ink display is very comfortable to read on, and that’s no surprise. It feels just like the Sony reader that we tested in Tokyo a couple of years ago. The refresh rate is quite slow (visible when flipping the pages), but it’s not a problem as pages are mainly static.





Permalink | Comment | Uberbargain | Uberphones




source

No comments: